Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Friday, April 15, 2022

Poem a Day 15: Patience is in knowing . . .

Patience is in knowing
when to listen with a calm face,
accept, endure, even forgive,
and when to fight.
Sadly, I am not the most patient person.
Forgive me for knowing and
not knowing. That inner thrum of blood
tells me I must run
or stay. The only safe place for me
is here, with you.


Image by Hans Braxmeier from Pixabay

Catch up on all the poetry prompts from Robert Brewer at Writer's Digest! Today's Poem-A-Day Challenge asks us to write a patience poem. Brewer says: "Your poem could be about someone or something with great patience, or it could come from the other direction (ie, impatience). One fun thing about this prompt is that it begs us to consider the various ways of measuring time: From the patience required to sit at a red light to the patience of a tree growing rings for centuries."

No comments:

Post a Comment