Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Thursday, October 24, 2019

OctPoWriMo #24: Breathing

If I could breathe underwater,
I would swim beneath ice mountains,
chase narwhals,
sink to the bottom of the sea,
befriend a mermaid.
Far from the ocean, I can dream
of glaciers that don't melt,
of tomorrows without end.

Underwater Polar Bear (Pixabay)
Imagine a Halloween party with fifty or so parents and kids, many aged from 5 to 7 in amazing costumes. I came home early, even though it was fun. Tomorrow's a rest day, and tomorrow's prompt: White. Ooops. Should have saved this last-minute prompt for tomorrow.

You can visit OctPoWriMo at http://www.octpowrimo.com/ to read what others have written. Thank you, Morgan Dragonwillow, Michelle Vecchitto, Esther Jones, and Maria L. Berg for hosting this month-long poetry challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the dreamy feel, and the serious turn at the ending, made me stop and think!

    ReplyDelete