Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

April 29: Blank?

Maybe no writing
of a poem today, for the prompt
goes sideways: 'total blank,'
and that's what I am, pulled like taffy
stretched too thin
in that shop on the boardwalk,
the ocean outside, relentless
in the early spring afternoon.

I keep hoping for inspiration,
wanting to take that unexpected leap
into what? A total blank?

Where does art hide
when we wish it to smooth
those rough edges?
Don't call her a flighty muse,
for I have seen her
at work, healing my soul.

"Vintage" by ArtsyBee on Pixabay

Today's prompt from Robert Lee Brewer is simply write to a poem about a 'total blank.' Unfortunately, that's how the day has gone. At least I can rely on the visual inspiration of photos from Pixabay, and I did get the laundry done.

No comments:

Post a Comment