Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Thursday, April 23, 2020

April 23: Social?

My socks say it all
'cause all
I want to do
is take my socks off,
run barefooted
in the green spring grass,
lay on a picnic blanket
under the pines, and
watch the sun flicker
between spring clouds,
while kids shriek and
run after a soccer ball.
Yes, I want it all,
even a cat.

Today's prompt from Robert Lee Brewer, of Writer's Digest fame, asks us to write a poem about some aspect of social, as in the 'social blank' (and fill in that blank. Busy today with proofreading, I nearly didn't write a poem today until I went sideways, inspired by my new socks, comfortable in front of the computer, but truly wishing we could ALL go outside. For real. I'm not anywhere near protesting, but . . . I can fantasize that soon our quarantine will end. Maybe in another six weeks or so. Meanwhile, I'll cuddle up next to my computer -- and work away!

2 comments:

  1. But look how MUCH you are getting done! By the way, I LOVE your socks. Although this isn't in your poem..."Cuddling up next to your computer," is awesome! You are clever! I love your poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, unknown, for your kind comments -- and steady reading. Good to know I can make you smile!

      Delete