Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

C is for Cow-licious . . .

A Swiss Braunvieh cow contemplates nature (Wikipedia)
Let us go to the far hill,
my well-flanked one. 
We'll stand there in quiet.
I'll ruminate.
You'll munch on the grass.
Together we'll watch
the young ones butt heads
and run in circles.
And we'll remember
those long ago days of spring.

Today's poem was inspired by a story we overheard at the T-J Diner just north of Medford, Oregon, as we slowly drive home. A rancher said, "I finally got that motorcycle I wanted. I put four booties on one of my cows and called her a cow-a-socki." 

Maybe some days, it's just OK to have fun with this poem-a-day challenge.


To read what others have written:
NaPoWriMo at http://www.napowrimo.net/participants-sites/
A-Z Challenge at http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/2012-to-z-challenge-sign-up-list.html

A Round of Words in 80 Days at http://aroundofwordsin80days.wordpress.com/


ROW80 WEDS UPDATE: Just a quick update. We're still on the road until Friday night. I'm settling in to reading ROW80 as a first-time sponsor and wishing everyone a great Round 2!




7 comments:

  1. Oh I like this. Good luck on your poem a day. That would be a major challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poem a day, that's an awesome idea! Lovin' the cows.

    Happy A through Z blogging!
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem, Beth. Excellent, combining the Challenge with the National Poetry Month. I'm not sure that was the intent, but I find it well done nontheless. Great to have found your blog on the A to Z list. Will definetely try to return.
    Silvia @ Silvia Writes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. Love the picture and the poem!
    And OF COURSE it's ok to have fun. In my book it is always ok to inject fun into whatever you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the joke at the end, great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to ROW80 sponsorship, Beth. I love being a sponsor--I bet you will, too. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    I love the joke from the rancher; combining Poem a Day with the A-Z challenge is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete