Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Saturday, April 08, 2023

NaPoWriMo April 8: Reassurance

 

First cherry tree in my neighborhood


I'm waiting for the first cherry blossoms to bloom,
for snow came late this year. Each day,
I see those few early signs of spring, small buds poking out
from frozen soil, well mulched. Red-winged blackbirds,
song sparrows, even robins and finches have returned.
Canada geese are making their way north.
I'm more than ready to pack my sweaters away,
knowing that spring will morph to summer
far too soon, the granddaughters will shriek with joy
to run under the outside fountain,
and I will treasure each day.

1 comment:

  1. I love your last line, "and I will treasure each day." What a way to start spring, treasuring each day. I am inspired to learn from you and do that too.

    ReplyDelete