Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Saturday, April 22, 2023

NaPoWriMo April 22: Painting Dreams

Now she wants llamas,
penguins, and dragons
to decorate her walls.
I can paint these for her,
now that she
is at the edge of becoming herself.
She wants the biggest blue sky,
a mountain in the background,
unfettered tomorrows.
I wonder what walls she will paint
one day, what mountains she will see,
what dragons she will tame.
For now, I nod and smile.
I can give her this
today.

Image by Stefan Keller from Pixabay

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:09 PM

    Lump in my throat. ❤😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:02 PM

    Wonderful!!! ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:05 PM

    Love this, Beth! “unfettered tomorrows” beautiful. xoA❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for commenting. People say writing has more of an impact when the writer feels the emotion. Just wanted to let you know I had a lump in my throat for parts of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:19 AM

    How lovely!

    ReplyDelete