Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Saturday, April 07, 2018

G is for Galápagos

I wouldn't mind being
a tortoise, slow-moving,
land-dwelling on an island,
yet close to the warm blue sea.
My thick, hard shell would protect me
from various predators. I can just
sink into the sand, pull my head in,
duck down, no need to worry about
procrastination,
deadlines, or
writer's block.
My brain is too small.
Instead, I would live to one hundred and fifty years,
long enough to become an oracle,
my wordless spirit song connecting
the sea with the sky.

A dome-shelled Galápagos giant tortoise
Matthew Field on Wikipedia

Today's post is for April's Blogging from A to Z Challenge is inspired by the letter G. Instead of a topic related to writing, this poem came along. Why not see what others are writing about?




No comments:

Post a Comment