Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Thursday, April 03, 2014

C is for Constancy

C is for Constancy . . . 
A paradox, like love, 
that state couples enter,
anticipating decades of happy-ever-after
between thee and me. 
And so I write, 
imagining words do not change 
their meaning over time. 

Instead, each day, 
I construct meaning
out of each breath, each touch
on the keyboard,
each moment held fixed
and changing through
scene, character, plot, setting,
all those tools of a writer,
not the least, heart.

We construct meaning,
you and I, each day:
countless ways I show you 
that I love you yet,
unchanging.




Tyree Callahan's Chromatic Typewriter (2011) 

I did fall in love with this image, found on internet, and discovered the Chromatic Typewriter, created by Tyree Callahan, a gifted painter and creator of the typewriter. Read more about Tyree Callahan in an article by Twisted Sifter and on his blog.

Check out what others have written for April's A to Z Challenge. 

1 comment: