Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

G is for Good Morning . . .

Most days I wake up with words
ready to spill from my fingers.
Not today. Good grief! 
I'm driving over to Couer d'Alene
to meet with a group of writers,
about an hour east,
right into the sun before 
the commute begins.
I don't know these writers,
but my satchel is ready,
for there's something about mornings,
each day a new beginning,
a promise to slap over the roars
of yesteryear. I did survive a certain childhood,
night terrors notwithstanding,
I do have, as Virginia Woolf wrote,
finally, a room of my own,
an office cluttered with projects.
It is a good morning.
May it be so for you -- sweet
dreamer of dreams and maker of nests,
as you sleep late.

"Morning" by Stròlic Furlàn - Davide Gabino on Flickr 

Check out the Blogging A to Z Challenge and see what others have written on this month-long writ-a-thon. Many plan out what they will write around a theme. Mine are (surprise) morning thoughts. Tomorrow's challenge? Aha! "H".








No comments:

Post a Comment