Sunday, September 20, 2026

September lingers . . .

I know snow is coming. Maybe not until November, but these days echo that beautiful transition from summer to fall. Brilliantly red and yellow leaves color the landscape. My favorite place for a quiet walk is simply exploring the Japanese garden at Manito Park.



Update on the writing: Still excited about September's launch of Honeymoon in Egypt and looking forward to hearing from readers. 

Just started drafting Threads, The Quiltpatch Murder Club, inspired by my weekly meeting with Stitchers. Yes, I'm a quilter. That 'hobby' creates a nice balance between writing and sewing. I truly enjoy making quilts to give away.  My other brand new writing project comes along very slowly as I work on family history. It's fun to dive into the past and imagine what life was like in other times and places.

Other challenges. I've been spending far too much time updating covers, but it has been fun to see what new covers bring to older stories. Along with a 'few' edits that took longer than expected. But writers persevere, yes?


What I'm reading: Almost finished reading Frank Zafiro's The Quick of the Night, a compelling police procedural set in River City (a kind of pseudonym for Spokane). Tasked with ending a string of car thefts, Officer Katie MacLeod faces more than one challenge. It's fun to read about a female who must work hard to be taken seriously. Kind of reminds me of those good old days when I was working full-time. You can check The Quick of the Night out HERE.                                                             
Meanwhile, may you enjoy this lovely fall season that this week has temperatures still hovering in the 70's. 





2 comments:

  1. We will finally hit the seventies this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but this week, we're in the 60s. Wish it were music but we know winter snow is coming. Thank you, Alex, for visiting!

      Delete