Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Thursday, May 25, 2023

May is already nearly over?

Just about one more week, and we'll be looking back at May, wondering why the days passed by so fast. The daffodils here have already given way to those gorgeous purple irises. Yellow-headed blackbirds are still chasing those red-headed blackbirds around in our nearby ponds. And, we can go for a walk without bundling up in warm jackets.

Any lessons learned from this month? 

My personal goals are simple: Writing. Family. Travel. Not always in that order. I'm making steady progress on my own writing, but I'm not a grantwriter. This week alone, I've spent a not-so-easy 15 hours working on a draft grant, and it's still not ready to send out. Argh! 

So, the most important insight, which I may not have the discipline or courage to follow, is simply this:  Before we say yes, analyze the implications. Consider carefully what we truly want to do and how we wish to spend our precious time. And, what might go wrong.

Meme by Memedroid

Meanwhile, hubby has picked out our next travel adventure for January-March 2024 , a stay of roughly two months in Kyoto, Japan. I might know 5 words in Japanese, and that's not enough. We do have time, though, for study and planning. We've scrounged a stack of books on traveling in Japan. Already, I'm imagining walking in the temples and shrines in Kyoto, ready to learn more of the history and culture of this beautiful city.

Kinkaku-ji, the Golden Pavilion, Kyoto, Japan (Image by Penny on Pixabay)

How about you? What promises will summer bring? How will you celebrate the change of seasons?

Oh, and any cooking tips? I just tried marinated tofu for the first time. Maybe never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment