Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Saturday, August 06, 2022

E-Book Launch: Scattered Stones

Outside, one of the cooler days is predicted for the coming week, and the temps are headed for the upper 90s. Inside, if I were working with pen and paper, scraps and notes would litter my desk and the floor! 

Scattered Stones is out in ebook format, reviews are starting to come in, and now I'm chiseling my way through formatting to complete the paperback. It's been a busy two mornings, thanks to Amazon's document template and three pages of guidelines. 

You might suggest that readers don't care about typos, extra blank lines or pages, or even unexpected shifts in font or font size. They do. Yes, I could pay someone else to do this formatting. After all, I'm already thinking about that next story. But, I'm a frugal indie writer -- and stubborn. Otherwise, I wouldn't get anything done at all! You can expect the paperback version to go live in about another week. That is IF I can master making the cover. Wish me good fortune on that one.

We're still settling back home after being on vacation with friends in Vancouver, B.C. Yesterday afternoon, we ran errands, and I got to go thrifting, on the hunt for shorts and tops to wear at home for the next few weeks of August's brutal hot weather. Trust me, I found this outrageous pair of turquoise baggy shorts I will never wear anywhere but at home. Comfort! 

Smoothies and fresh fruit await for the grandkids who come tomorrow morning for breakfast. What could be sweeter? 

Did you know that leaving a review is the BEST WAY to let others know when you like a book? And that reviews encourage writers? If you read Scattered Stones and leave a review, know that your efforts will be deeply appreciated.

Have a wonderful August! 


3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your formatting for your paperback. Have a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:12 AM

    Formatting is a headache-inducer for me. Best of luck, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your good wishes! I got squinty-eye, but the formatting is done after about 6 hours. Not too bad. Good thing I'm a slow writer, so it's about 2-3 years between formatting!

    ReplyDelete