Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August ending; September beginnings.

The end of summer marks the beginning of fall, and the last Wednesday of the month is that time to look at what I've gotten done and what lies ahead. 

AUGUST accomplished:

Scattered Stones, the fourth (and perhaps final) in the McDonnell series has launched in paperback and e-book format! Just wow after 2 years of work! If you are interested in a review copy, please let me know.

  • Did you notice the updated Blog layout? Thanks to BookBrush for the new banner. Emma Kathryn was my delightful "Meet the Author" for August.
  • Posted 6 chapters of Mothers Don't Die to Vella for those who love mysteries delivered in serial form.
  • Reviewed 4 books this month. 
  • Worked on quilting projects.

What's next for SEPTEMBER? 

I wish I could give you a concrete plan. This morning at 6:15 am, I showed up for outpatient surgery on that darn right foot. The hardest part? Having to stay off my feet for about 2 weeks. Thank heavens I do have an angel of a hubby who promises to take care of me AND order pizza when we get bored with rice and veggies!

But I will be working on The Lost Sarcophagus, that art crime mystery set in Egypt. Mostly I'm intrigued just now by finding out more about the villain. What motivates him to take things that don't belong to him? Why art? Is it just money or something darker, something that motivates him to kill if he doesn't get what he wants? More research is needed! Interlibrary loan, here I come.

Best movie I've seen in a long, long time? Tuesdays are 'movie day' so last night, we saw Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, a Journey, a Song

Really, words fail me, for Cohen not only wrote songs that reach our hearts, but his poetry challenges every hope or aspiration to be creative, to accept challenges and to celebrate this amazing gift of life. I hope you are able to see it. Here's a snippet from youtube.

May the beginning of fall bring inspiration and love!  

2 comments:

  1. Wow Beth, I love the new look of your blog. You ALWAYS inspire. I read the first episode of your mystery, chilling and scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy. As always, your comments encourage me to keep writing!!!

      Delete