Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cover Reveal and ABNA news . . .

Available on Amazon
Here's the new cover for The Mermaid Quilt & Other Tales . . . just for the Kindle version. 

I'm kind of excited this morning, and having a little difficulty in concentrating on the editing. Here's the background on the cover. The Mermaid Quilt was my first self-published collection of short stories and poetry. I used an off-the-shelf cover from CreateSpace because I couldn't figure out how to make something dazzling. This brand new cover comes from Angie Zambrano at pro-ebookcovers; her work is available through fiverr.com    

So what do you think? 

Have you heard of ABNA, the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award. Entries ended once 10,000 would-be writers entered or by March 2, whichever came first. The next step: 400 writers from 5 categories (or 2,000 writers) are selected by March 18 to advance to the next round.

Here's the update: Announced today, my Years of Stone (follow-up novel to Standing Stones) has advanced to the next round in the General Fiction category, there not being a historical fiction category this year. 

Whoopee! I think it's time for a cup of coffee. Then maybe I can turn to that revision that's waiting on my desk.

May your writing and reading day go well!