How-to make a truly cheap video trailer that might be OK.
Map out your text and images. Concentrate on trailer/teaser, not plot summary. Use PowerPoint to draft content until you're happy. Now you're ready for the techie stuff.
WORK IN POWERPOINT FIRST:
- Draft text for slide show, gather images (I used photos I took in Scotland and one public domain image).
- Work in PowerPoint until the presentation looks pretty complete (I'm using the 2007 version. The 2010 version of PowerPoint has an automatic save to movie format).
- Save PowerPoint and then using a different name, save the slide show as JPEG File Interchange Format.
- Go to youtube.com, login to your account, and upload files.
- Use youtube's UPLOAD page and select SLIDESHOW CREATOR.
- Upload your JPEG files. Rearrange them, following steps in Youtube's Slideshow Creator to add music, descriptions, tags, and settings. NOTE: To save time, you can preview music selections by going to youtube's Creator Tools before you upload your slide show.
Here's my 45-second video for Standing Stones. Just click on that PLAY button to see the trailer, I hope you enjoy. And, if YOU are reading this far, be a beta viewer please, and leave a comment!