Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Friday, May 17, 2013

I think I'm in love . . . with Oskar


The last two days I've been working on a PowerPoint intro to The Mermaid Quilt & Other Tales just to see what this might look like and how it might work online. So far, the sad fact is I haven't yet learned how to post the PPT so it shows up as a slide show. Aha! Two hours later . . . Maybe. Oh the joys of PowerPoint.

But in the process of relearning PowerPoint with all the gnashing of teeth that entails, I discovered this wonderfully creative German pianist, Oskar Schuster, who integrates sounds from typing and cameras into his piano music. It would have been a wonderful addition to my PPT as Herr Schuster posts his music under a Creative Commons license. 


Enjoy this video of Sneeuwland.  Listen for the sounds of the typing!




And here’s my PowerPoint slide show. 


Enjoy the images that inspired me to write about mermaids. And CLICK on the small box on the far right of the Scribd menu bar below to view the slide show full screen.




6 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I love Oskar too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of the music. Whoever thought of using these sounds in music? I've dabbled in PowerPoint, but don't need it and have given it up for the duration of this life. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Jai and Francene. Was it the Greeks who used wind in the trees as part of music for the gods? Oskar Schuster is one of many who borrow from the sounds of current technology. Tchaikovsky (had to look that spelling up) used actual cannon in his 1812 Overture. I was charmed by his music, but for the internet would never have found it! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:29 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Oskar is unique. And PowerPoint...you're braver than I!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beth,
    Just a pop back to say I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. Stop by my blog if you'd like to pick it up. = )

    ReplyDelete