Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Laptop skills . . . or so they say

I'm getting ready to write this morning, the sun is shining, my computer is finally warmed up and working fine after 2 hours last night of fretting over online connections and failed passwords and holding the cell phone far too close to the laptop while talking to Comcast.

But all is well. I fixed it!!!! Myself!!!! With a system restore in the safe mode. I hardly know what that means but I had to do something after I'd been told it was my laptop and not the internet connection. I'm sure the internet gods had something to do with it as well as the nice people from Comcast. Now to tackle the infinitely different challenge of writing a scene without dialogue, a task laid down by the writing gurus at NOVEL-L. How can any writer work in a safe mode?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bluebethley,

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting at Black-eyed Susan's. Looking forward to reading you often. Will be adding your link to my menu so I can easily get here.

    Again, thank you for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:52 PM

    Well done...this was no mean fete! How's the writing challenge going? I look forward to reading you too...

    bella :)

    ReplyDelete