Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Friday, April 11, 2014

J is for . . . Junket


Join me, you jaybird,
sleeping jarhead, I’m jealous.
Bring your jazz-filled guitar.
We’ll jet down to the jetty, you and I.
Don’t jinx this precious day: 
we’ll jam on our jolly johnnyboat,
under the jewel sun, 
drink juleps 'til we’re jittery,
jangled and jawless, 
a joyful, jasmine-scented day.

Just an egret in the bayou, Florida (Camp 2008)

Check out what others have written for the A to Z Challenge HERE.

My other writing deadlines loom, but 'tis fun to play with words. I'm finding inspiration on a list of Scrabble 8-letter words. The sounds of J-words jiggle, jostle, jerk, and just jell.



4 comments:

  1. Great play on words! Makes me want a julep which I misspelled in the first try:)

    Mary Montague Sikes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I enjoyed your National Parks A to Z as well. Inspiring!

      Delete
  2. I jumped on this one. It's just great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bob. I liked your posts as well, so welcoming and a true touch of home in the southwest.

      Delete