Beth Camp Historical Fiction

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Last Night . . .

Last night, I dreamed
I was floating,
past your embraces,
past your eyes
frozen in dreams.

We have slept in how many cities,
walked through plazas together,
heard the night birds sing,
and watched the stars fall out of the sky,
always together. Yet the day comes
when, like a star
that follows its own path,
revolving slowly,
I will tumble into the future, alone.


Anoche

Anoche, soñé
yo flotaba,
por delante de sus abrazos,
por delante de sus ojos
congelado en sueños.

Hemos dormido en cuantos ciudades,
andado por plazas juntos,
oído las aves de la noche cantan,
y mirado las estrellas se caen del cielo,
siempre juntos.
Aún el día viene cuando,
como una estrella
esto sigue su propio camino,
giramiento lentemente,
caeré en el futuro, solo.




Note: I'm still working on this poem that came to me partly because I was studying Spanish before sleeping. If you see changes needed in the translation, please tell me. Otherwise, be assured all is well.

1 comment:

  1. Like the togetherness in this poem, and the nod to the future that each will be alone come the fateful day.

    Keep working on the Spanish version!

    ReplyDelete